Bampton Grange is a small village that sits just to the east of the junction between the River Lowther, which is crossed by a sandstone bridge and Haweswater Beck. The slightly larger village of Bampton sits on the opposite side of the rivers. The church of St Patrick, built in 1726 and restored in 1885, is in Bampton Grange but serves both villages.
Directions: Bampton Grange can be reached along country roads from Shap in the east or Askham in the north.
Grid Reference: NY 522 180