Lamplugh is a scattered community right on the western edge of the Lake District National Park, on the western slopes of the Loweswater fells.
This was once a mining area. Knock Murton, the fell to the south of Cogra Moss, once contains some vast mines, while Kelton Mine was once the third deepest in England. The mines brought the railway with them, and signs of the industrial past can still be seen on the nearby fells.
The current church was built in 1870 by James Lamplugh Raper, and enlarged on a much earlier building that had once been tied to Lamplugh Hall.
Directions: Lamplugh is spread out along a series of side roads east of the A 5086 just to the west of Loweswater.
Grid Reference: NY 088 207